Five Steps to Pleasure
- I listened to Marvin Olasky interview Stanley Fish, in part about his new book, How to Write a Sentence.
- Stanley Fish cited a great sentence in this piece by John Updike, and further called that piece the greatest sport essay in history—if my memory serves.
- I saved the piece to my Instapaper account in the afternoon.
- I read the piece on my iPod Touch while giving my pregnant wife a backrub.
- I thoroughly enjoyed it; excellent writing. Here was one great line: “For Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness.”
You may wish to repeat four of these five steps.